25-26 May 2022, Dhaka, Bangladesh
APT organized the Meeting of the SATRC Working Group on Policy, Regulation and Services from 25 to 26 May 2022 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The meeting was hosted by Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC), and attended by 36 delegates including the enlisted experts of this Working Group from 9 SATRC Members and 5 Affiliate Members of APT. This meeting of SATRC Working Group on Policy, Regulation and Services is a part of the activities of SATRC Action Plan Phase VIII (SAP-VIII) which was adopted by the 22nd Meeting of SATRC (SATRC-22) held virtually in 2021. It was the first meeting of the Working Group under SATRC Action Plan Phase VIII and discussed the Work Items assigned to the Working Group by the Council. SATRC WG PRS has been assigned the following work items for SAP-VIII:
· Work Item 1: Development of enabling policy and regulatory environments, in the context of SATRC, to embrace the new ecosystem brought by 5G
· Work Item 2: Telecom active infrastructure sharing
· Work Item 3: Regulatory issues related to OTT services and applications
The meeting discussed the assigned Work Items in detail. The delegates from SATRC Members and the Affiliate Members also presented on the Work Items for better understanding on the Work Items. The key outcomes of the meeting are as follows:
· Appointment of the lead experts of the assigned Work Items.
· Development of Work Plan of the SATRC WG PRS for SAP-VIII.
· Development of Questionnaires on each Work Items to obtain the necessary information from the
SATRC member countries.
Upon obtaining the necessary information from the SATRC Members, WG PRS will conduct monthly/bi-monthly e-Meetings to develop the draft SATRC Reports on the Work Items. The next face-to-face Meeting of the WG PRS is scheduled to held on Q3, 2023 in Maldives.